As we bring the curtain down on 2018, we have been reflecting on a ROARR-some year at our family adventure park.
We have compiled our top 10 highlights of the year – so read on and see how much you can remember.
1. Significant investment saw the official opening of our brand new restaurant at the bottom of the park – The Explorers. The steampunk Jules Verne 20,000 leagues under the sea themed restaurant is capable of seating 92 diners indoors and a further 120 on the outside raised terrace. Set in the old Victorian walled garden – check HERE for opening times.
2. We were honoured to win the award of ‘Best Large Visitor Attraction’ in the EADT EDP Norfolk & Suffolk Tourism Awards 2018. A real prestigious accolade to win, we fought off some tough competition to claim the prize. Recognition for the full family day out offered at the park – along with attractions to appeal to all ages.
3. Our ROARR-some themed events were enjoyed throughout the year – allowing guests to fire their imagination and explore with us. From our Alice in Wonderland themed Egg-cellent Easter to our annual Dino’s At Night Event, the early part of the year proved popular. Not forgetting Dippy’s Birthday Week, Roarr! Goes Wild and our Halloween Days – the excitement just kept on coming. We ended the year with our Christmas Celebration and the chance to visit Santa in his grotto. Check the website for the dates of next year’s events.
4. We had a boiling hot summer, which meant that Dippy’s Splash Zone was exceptionally busy. Dippy’s Splash Zone has 31 water play features in 755 square-meters of rubberised safety flooring.
5. You may recall that we celebrated Norfolk Day –themed around the slogan ‘ a mammoth family day out’. There was the chance to celebrate the Woolly Mammoth with activities, live shows, information and fun all around the giant that once roamed the Norfolk coast. Also joining us, were Strange Fascination Theatre with their FREE open air theatre show, ‘JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH’. An exciting children’s orientated adventure with puppets, daring escapes, ingenious physical theatre and much more!
6. It was the one you were all waiting for – the official opening of Predator! High Ropes. The world’s first parallel sky rails opened at our park – something for our older intrepid explorers to enjoy.
7. In June, our Secret Animal Garden welcomed 2 new additions in the form of Kune Kune piglets. George (the cream piglet) and Peppa (the ginger piglet). Pigs are as intelligent as dogs and need to be kept stimulated to stop destructive behaviour. They have really settled in well and are proving extremely popular with our guests.
8. 2018 also saw us introduce the all new ROARR! Dinosaur Adventure Gift Card!
Our brand new re-loadable gift cards start at just £5 and make for a Roaar-some present. Redeemable against park admission, season tickets, retail items and food and drink* the possibilities are endless for the lucky recipient.
9. Our chosen charity partners for 2018 were EACH (East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices) and the Community Sports Foundation. We supported EACH at their bubble rush, charity abseil and also sponsored their float at the Lord Mayor’s Procession. We also helped to support over 1,000 young footballers at the CSF’s Soccer Schools this summer.
10. We ended the year in style after we won multiple accolades in two prestigious awards for family attractions. Voted for by readers of national family magazine Primary Times, the family-owned adventure park was presented with four accolades in the Reader Star Awards including OVERALL WINNER, Best Value for Money Attraction, Family Attraction (for a Full Day Out), and Indoor Play. The annual Dinos at Night event was also voted for by the public in ‘Days Out With The Kids’ Family Favourite Awards as the ‘Best Event at an Attraction in the East of England’, which saw over 20,000 families vote for their favourite attractions and events.
We would like to thank everyone who has paid us a visit this year – your support is always greatly appreciated.
Happy New Year from all the crew at Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure and we look forward to making 2019 our best year ever!